Monday, September 20, 2010

A day in the house of the Lord.

We had a good time at our Bible class and as usual lively discussion on Revelation. We concentrated on the portion Revelation 5: 8-14 - "Worthy the Lamb." Just imagine one day we shall join the thousands, millions and billions to sing the praises to our Lord and King in Heaven. This is our belief and our hope. Yes, there is something to look forward to when the time comes for us to leave this world.

In the world we have our trials and tribulations, there is so much sin, suffering and pain in this fallen world. For the Early church suffering persecution this message came as a great comfort and reassurance that being a Christian community is meaningful, relevant and important for now and for eternity.

Heaven is a place of worship and our church is a mere shadow of this - a rehearsal that pales in comparison. Worship is our hearts pouring out to God's heart.

Good to spend time in the house of God yesterday and to enjoy the fellowship of believers. The Songsters sang beautifully the old hymn "All creatures of our God and King, Lift up your voice and with us sing. Alleluia!" I've retired from Songsters as I cannot spare the time to attend practices, but I do enjoy their singing. Sitting in the congregation I joined them in singing, albeit quietly so as not to disturb others in the congregation.

We had special prayer for peace at out meeting. "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin in me. " was my silent prayer in my own heart.

The sermon was on Psalm 84 and the theme "The Living God." It's a great psalm and this morning I read it again in different versions.

"One day spent in your house, this beautiful place of worship, beats thousands spent on Greek island beaches. I'd rather scrub floors in the house of my God than be honoured as guest in the palace of sin." (Psalm 84: 10 The Message) I don't know what Greek island beaches look like, but I presume they must be beautiful. I have no plans to go there. I like my Home Sweet Home

No comments:

Post a Comment