Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Singapore Garden Festival

My wife and I went to the Garden Festival on Monday. What a great time we had. This Festival had taken close to 18 months to prepare and it involves a community of over 500 volunteers.On show at Suntec Singapore were over 200,000 plants from Singapore and all over the world.

In land scarce Singapore the majority of people do not have the privilege to have their own gardens. However, we do have gardens everywhere for people to enjoy for ours is a garden city.It is the policy of our Government to keep the city clean and green.

We bought a booklet and we now enjoy reflecting on the beautiful pictures in it.How lovely it is to be in a garden to meditate and reflect on the beauty of creation and the goodness of God. We were privileged to live in England for four years. O how we enjoyed the big and beautiful gardens.

We used to sing in the Songsters a lovely song entitled 'Make my heart a garden"

Make my heart a garden, so that flowers may grow,
Shedding heavenly beauty in this world below;
Jesus, Thine own fragrance by Thy love impart;
Lily of the Valley, bloom within my heart.

Chorus:
Jesus, Jesus, Lily of the Valley
Bloom in all Thy beauty in the garden of my heart.

Make my heart a garden where at eventide,
In the solemn stillness, God walks by my side;
There in sweet communion, as we dwell apart,
Lily of the Valley bloom within my heart.

Make my heart a garden, wherein streams my flow,
So that flowers of Eden beautifully may grow;
But the choicest blossom, fairest of the fair,
Lily of the Valley, bloom in radiance there.

Yes, I've been singing this old song by S E Cox again and again. I've been greatly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. "Make my heart a garden" by S E Cox printed in Gems for Songsters" No 5 by The Salvation Army Music Board. You might like to enquire from The Music Department of the Salvation Army

      Delete
  2. We have been looking for these lyrics everywhere on google. Thank you for posting them so we could access them here in Canada (Meadowlands corps officer, Hamilton ON

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In my younger days I used to sing in the Songsters. "Make my heart a garden" was and is one of my favourites. It is in Gems 5 No. 62 printed by The Army. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete