Saturday, July 10, 2010

Listening to God

At our cell group yesterday, we watched a video - God is closer than you think. John Otberg talked about "hearing voices." Voices are clamouring for our attention. Some of the voices are distorted and destructive. We need to listen to the voice of God.

One of the most familiar figures of speech for the people of God and their relationship to God is that of the sheep and the Shepherd. Jesus mentions the amazing mutual recognition between the shepherd and the sheep.

There is a voice we need to listen to at all times - the voice of God. Jesus, our Good Shepherd tell us, "My sheep hear My voice and I know them and they follow Me."

A Prayer by Ralph S Cushman

"I met God in the morning,
When my day was at its best,
And His presence came like sunrise
With a glory in my breast.
All day long
the Presence lingered.
All day long
He stayed with me."

Stay in touch with God and in tune with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment