Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Songs and music

Had a good day at Peacehaven. Most of the residents may be old, but how they love to sing. And I love singing too. My concertina has been my constant companion for years. It has served me well as I accompany the singing every week. Good to make melody unto the Lord.

Without a song the day would never end;
Without a song the road would never bend;
When things go wrong a man ain't got a friend,
Without a song.

I got my trouble and woe.
But sure as I know the Jordan will roll,
I'll get along as long as a song is strong
In my soul.

How true - the right combination of words, the melody, the harmony, rhythm. Great to sing unto the Lord.

Some people sing like nightingales, others like gales in the night. It does not matter just sing from your heart. I own a keyboard, a piano accordion and a concertina and they are my good friends. I am no musician, but I make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Music lifts my soul up even if it means agony to my long suffering neighbours who have to put up with it. So far there has been no complaints, so I take it - it's all right

No comments:

Post a Comment