Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Beatitudes for the Age

As usual on a Tuesday, my wife and I were at Peacehaven to do chapel service. It was good to talk with the residents and nurses, to listen to their stories, their joys and sorrows. We thank God He has given us the privilege to provide the listening ear.

Let me share the following with you.

Beatitudes for the Aged – by Elsie Gilchrist

Blessed are they who understand my faltering step and palsied hand.
Blessed are they who seem to know my eyes are dim and wits are slow.
Blessed are they who look away when coffee was spilt on the table today.
Blessed are they who, with cheery smile, stop to chat for a little while.
Blessed are they who never say; ‘You’ve told the story twice today.’
Blessed are they who know the way to bring back memories of yesterday.
Blessed are they who make it known I’m loved, respected, and not alone.
Blessed are they who ease the days on my journey Home in loving ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment