Thursday, January 17, 2013

Visited Chinatown

Every now and then, I would make a visit to Chinatown Hong Kong St. to buy from the wholesalers different types of nuts - cashew, walnut, almond, etc. You see every morning for breakfast we have our oat porridge and bread and nuts. Then for supper we have our cup of milk, biscuits and nuts. Nuts I was told are good for you. And I get them much cheaper than from the supermarket near our place. I fill my knapsack with nuts of all kinds.

I always take Bus No 961 up to Hong Lim Green and walk to Hong Kong Street. Sometimes I would take my packet of sandwiches and have lunch at the park usually quite deserted during the day time. One day, a young man walked came up to me and said, "Uncle, how can this fill you. You will be hungry." I enjoy my picnic lunch at Hong Lim.

Anyway, I buy from my regular shop Teck Sang and they know me. I spent about $63.00 worth of nuts this time. I get my exercise and on my way home would walk to Stamford Road to take Bus 171 which brings me right to our place.

Life is wonderful. Everyday I thank God for keeping me fit. At the age of 80 plus coming to 81 this May, I have no complaints. Everyday is a bonus. True visits to the clinic or Hospital have increased in frequency, but we have good medical facilities and affordable too. What more do we want. God is certainly good.

Thank You Lord for all your goodness through the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment