Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Visit to Bedok Multi Service Centre for the elderly

What a great time we had this morning at the Bedok Multi Service Centre for the Elderly. The last time we visited this centre was some ten years ago! What a great deal of improvement in this Centre that provides care for the elderly, quite a number handicapped or suffering from dementia. They come in the morning and return to their own families in the evening.

Attendance at this meeting we conducted is entirely voluntary. Some continue with their exercises, other carrying on with their games, or sit around to chit chat.

I led them in the singing using my concertina. They chose the songs and we were pleasantly surprised they wanted to sing songs like "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound" "Great is Thy faithfulness" "How great Thou art" etc. We sang in English and Chinese (Hokkien and Cantonese)

The meeting was quite informal and free and easy, plenty of interaction! It was great we were able to give our testimonies and talk about the blessings of God.

One lady was so interested to know that my wife came from the same school that she attended - Raffles Girls School. And they spent quite some time recalling names of teachers and principals.

The meeting lasted an hour and when we wanted to stop, they asked us to continue. We were having such fun as we shared the word and our experiences. Anyway soon it was near lunch time and we had to close in prayer.

We really had a great time and are looking forward to our next visit. Thank God for another day that God has given us. We came back and the the old chorus I learned since I was a child kept coming to my mind. That's my experience, each day with God is a wonderful day.

Everyday with Jesus is sweeter than the day before,
Everyday with Jesus I love Him more and more;
Jesus saves and keeps me, and He's the one I'm waiting for,
Everyday with Jesus is sweeter than the day before. (Robert Loveless)

No comments:

Post a Comment