Thursday, August 11, 2011

Be thankful

Everyday I wake up with a thankful heart for another day the Lord is giving me. "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Every new day is a bonus for me. I thank the Lord for saving me and keeping me. He provides for all my needs- material and spiritual.

Matthew Henry, who wrote a commentary on every book of the Bible, was once robbed. The thieves took everything of value that he had. Later that evening he wrote in his diary these words, “I am thankful that during these years I have never been robbed before. Also, even though they took my money, they did not take my life. Although they took all I had, it was not much. Finally, I am grateful that it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed.”

Let's be thankful. The Lord is great, good and gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment