Sunday, August 14, 2011

Be strong in the Lord

In the absence of our Corps Officer (pastor) on holiday in New Zealand, our Territorial Commander, Colonel Gillian Downer conducted the meeting. It was a good meeting, we felt the presence of God in our midst and received much blessing. Her message was on Ephesians 6: 10-18 and the text chosen was "Be strong in the Lord."

We live in a time of crisis. I recall reading a statement which says, "Crisis comes, crisis goes, but Christ remains." I cannot remember where I read it, or who wrote it, but that statement was printed indelibly in my mind. Yes, we need to be strong to survive and when I got home I looked up for some quotes on "Be strong" so here are some.

Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong. Winston Churchill

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mohandas Gandhi

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think. Ralph Waldo Emerson

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Ernest Hemingway

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul has this say, "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me."






No comments:

Post a Comment