Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Give and not count the cost

Some people are very demanding. They take advantage of you and your kindness. And they don't even thank you or show appreciation. Do we keep on giving? Retired General John Gowans has something to tell us today.

"Since I began to follow;
Men have been robbing me
Left,right and centre;
Taken my time, my strength,
My wit, my warmth, myself!
They snatch my sympathy,
My pity, yes my love,
And ran!
And left me emptied, poor,
I'll put a stop to that!
I'll not be robbed again,
Not I!
Now I will GIVE my heart,
My love, myself,
I can't be robbed
Of what I gladly give!" (John Gowans)

Think of what our Lord gave on that first Good Friday. Jesus gave of Himself for us all. He died that we might be forgiven, He died to make us good; that we might go at last to heaven saved by His precious blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment