Thursday, January 7, 2010

Integrity

Last Sunday at our Prayer meeting, Major Pascoe read Psalm 25 which contains a beautiful prayer "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me for You are my God and my Saviour." Then in verse 21 we read, "May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in You." I have been reflecting on that word "integrity."

'INTEGRITY' indicates completeness, wholeness, soundness of principles, the character of uncorrupted virtues, uprightness, honesty, sincerity. Or to put it another way, "Be holy as God is holy."

The Bible clearly indicates that our lives should be one of integrity. Jesus tells us that we should be as good as our word. Are we as good as your word? As Christians we must show integrity in our words and deeds. The keeping of our word depends on the actions that we take.

We must be people of integrity when we deal with all people - inside and outside the church. When we say we are going to do something, it is as good as done! Proverbs 20:7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity How blessed are his sons after him.

I refer to my blog posted on 3rd January 2010 when I asked the question, "Is The Salvation Army still effective?" We can be effective only when God and the people can still trust us. We must be people of integrity, be transparent in all our dealing with people.

Before Thy face, dear Lord,
Myself I want to see;
And while I every question sing,
I want to answer Thee.

While I speak to Thee,
Lord Thy goodness show;
Am I what I ought to be?
O Saviour let me know. Herbert Booth (SASB 409)

No comments:

Post a Comment