Friday, June 12, 2009

Prayer of St.Francis of Assisi

I love reading the prayers of the saints and here is one of my favourites written by St. Francis of Assisi. It has blessed me many times. I ended the last blog with part of it and I am praying this prayer now. Join me in this prayer.

Lord, make us instruments of Thy peace:
where there is hatred, let us sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is sadness, joy.

O Dvine Master, grant that we may not so much seek to be comforted as to comfort; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardond; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment