Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Thank God for friends who care

Nowadays as I age, I find it comfortable to stay home. There are so many things to do around the house. Yes, just to do housework. – sweep the floor, wash clothes, the list goes on.  It keeps me busy and I don’t mind at all.  If I am engrossed in an activity or pursuit then time really does fly by as I am having fun. The older I get the more I just want to stay home. But the Lord has other plans for our benefit. He has provided us with friends who care for us.

My wife and I were invited out to a meal by some kind and very close friends. And it’s on the western side of Singapore – Watten Estate to be precise. O we did not feel like going, but we could not decline this kind invitation for the host even arranged transport for us.
So we accepted the invitation and went. I tell you once we got there, we enjoyed every moment of it and that lunch in a Vietnamese Restaurant lasted a long time. Time simply sped by while we chatted.

Looking back, glad that we went or we would have missed out on that lovely afternoon. It did us good. Thank God for friends who care.

No comments:

Post a Comment