Thursday, July 6, 2017

Contentment


Contentment enables us to grow where God Has placed us.

I have passed my 85th birthday. Whether I shall live to see my next birthday here on earth, no one knows except God who is Sovereign – He decides. One thing I am certain, I’m in His hands. Eighty years ago I made my way to The Salvation Army at Balestier Road and I am still a salvationist and will be till He calls me home.

Whatever my limitation, it is a gift from God, and He wants me to serve Him using this gift. It is a fact whether our limitations are - emotional, physical, or intellectual, God has allowed it. Paul was right when he boasted in his weakness for it was in weakness that God’s power was revealed in him. “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Cor. 12:9

My faith in God enables me to go about my duties with confidence and courage. It is not right to complain, feel sorry for myself; I make myself available to God for His intended purposes.I just learn to accept things as they are and to be content, knowing that in the love, wisdom, and providence of God this moment is as good as it can possibly be. And I am well supported by my wife and family and friends.

Daily I pray for my family – son, daughters, grandchildren all loving and serving the Lord. He has added to the list two great grand children. It was my privilege to conduct the dedication ceremony on 11th June at church, Singapore Central Corps. To me that was the event of the year- to hold little Josiah in my arms and dedicate him to God. O I almost burst out in tears of joy - that precious moment given by God.

Normally I need my walking stick or tongkat, but I had the confidence to dispensed with it and just trusting the Almighty God to hold me. He did, He never fails me. My wife stood by me, the pastor Major Mark Hall behind me – I did not falter or fall, the Lord upheld me. Praise the Lord Almighty.“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41: 10

Pray: Dear Lord, thank you for being so good to me and my family for four generations. Continue to be with them and bless them as you have blessed me and my wife all these years.

Let me share my favourite song.

I shall not fear though darkened clouds may gather round me;
The God I serve is one who cares and understands.
Although the storms I face would threaten to confound me,
Of this I am assured: I'm in his hands.

Chorus
I'm in his hands, I'm in his hands;
Whate'er the future holds
I'm in his hands,
The days I cannot see
Have all been planned for me;
His way is best, you see;
I'm in his hands.
2.
What though I cannot know the way that lies before me?
I still can trust and freely follow his commands;
My faith is firm since it is he that watches o'er me;
Of this I'm confident: I'm in his hands.
3.
In days gone by my Lord has always proved sufficient,
When I have yielded to the law of love's demands;
Why should I doubt that he would evermore be present
To make his will my own? I'm in his hands!
Stanley E. Ditmer

No comments:

Post a Comment