Monday, August 8, 2016

Saved and kept by the grace of God

Psalm 121: 3-6 "Saved and kept by the grace of God."
"He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper;The Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night."

How comforting to hear these words form the Lord. Every night when we go to bed, we pray for our family, friends and the Peacehaven Nursing Home below us. We commit the these to the Lord as ask Him to watch over them.

The Lord is our keeper, He takes care of us His children.
During the time of famine in China a man who could not swim at all jumped into the river to commit suicide. Soon he was struggling in river. A passerby noticing the plight jumped into the swift flowing river and pulled him out to safety.

The man who hand been rescued, on recovery stood up and confronted his rescuer aggressively. "Why didn't you leave me to drown and let me die? Why did you save me?"
The rescuer puzzled and annoyed answered "Look I saved you, aren't you grateful."
He received the response, "Yes, you saved me, can you keep me?"

The Lord saves and keeps us. The Lord is our keeper.
Thank You Lord for Your saving and keeping power.

I know not why God’s wondrous grace
  To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
  Redeemed me for His own.
 
But “I know Whom I have believed
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
  Unto Him against that day.”
 

I know not how this saving faith
 To me He did impart,
Nor how believing in His word
  Wrought peace within my heart.
 

I know not how the Spirit moves,
 Convincing men of sin,
Revealing Jesus through the Word,
  Creating faith in Him.
 

I know not what of good or ill
  May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
  Before His face I see.
 

I know not when my Lord may come,
  At night or noon-day fair,
Nor if I’ll walk the vale with Him,
  Or “meet Him in the air.” Daniel W Whittle

No comments:

Post a Comment