Friday, January 1, 2016

Thoughts about the New Year 2016

We begin a New Year today. All kinds of thoughts come to my mind. What will the new year bring? How will I cope? Will I be around this time next year? Questions come to mind, but one thing I know. God is sovereign, He holds the universe in His hands. I cling on to God's promise.

Jeremiah 29:11"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  NLT  Praise the Lord.


A New Year's Prayer
I would commence this brand New Year with Thee.
But for Thy hand, the time and space this year
Presents. could stretch like sullen. open sea.
'This the strong hand assures me of care.
Created love had planned for me a way,
And, born of love, this way must be the best.
I therefore gladly dedicate this day
And know that I can trust Thee for the rest.

I am concerned just what the year may hold
Of burden, even sorrow. strain or stress.
But grace, with its resources makes me bold.
I will hold on, I know that Thou will bless.

The challenge of this year, I gladly take.
And face it well - and that for The dear sake.  -Harry Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment