Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Dream of General Eva Burrows

My wife and I had the privilege to work with General Eva Burrows when we served in Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Philippines and in the United Kingdom. We came to know her well. She was a great woman leader who never failed to inspire others. We always valued her hand written notes of encouragement to us especially during the days when we served in the Philippines. Life was difficult and her notes of encouragement written personally herself meant a great deal to us. I want to share with my readers a statement she made in one of her speeches.

"I dream of an Army that is spiritually-vibrant, Biblically-strong, culturally sensitive,
evangelistically-passionate, community-concerned and Holy Spirit empowered.
Such a Spirit-filled Army will be ready to sacrifice and serve in obedience to Christ's commission, and through a strong prayer life be open to the changes the Holy Spirit is ready to initiate in our strategies for the future."

I say "Amen" to that statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment