Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Old Year 2015

Today is the last day of 2015. When we were about to retire, I made a wish that the Lord would allow me five years of retirement to enjoy myself. But the Lord has other plans, I have lived to see the end of 2015 and hopefully will wake up tomorrow to greet the New Year.

My wife and I have no complaints - God has been good to us and has blessed abundantly. Let me share a poem written by Commissioner Harry Read, retired officer living in England.

THE OLD YEAR

I look with gratitude  on this old year,
I have good cause to show that gratitude.
So many times I've seen God's loving care
A problem turn into beatitude.
Though ill wind seems at times to blow,
And difficult indeed the course to hold;
All needful grace has then begun to flow,
With mercy rich. and mercies manifold.

It's true, I've sometimes worked below my best;
Have failed to work to my capacity,
Yet God has always love to me expressed.
Encouraged, strengthened and established me.

His goodness has  o'er shadowed all these days.
And I look backward, with a heart of praise.  _Harry Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment