Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Lord heals

God is still working miracles. I had excruciating pain on my left leg because of my arthritis and could hardly walk. Had to use a walking stick to move around. By Saturday it was terrible and I was wondering how I could preach the sermon at our Church. But I had faith in our Almighty God and prayed for healing.

Our grandson Daryl and his wife Christine, and Emmanuel came to visit us. That evening Daryl and Christine took me to the Central 24- hour clinic at Clementi to see  the doctor. This clinic has the CHAS sign and there was a big sign board announcing their participation in the Pioneer Generation Progamme.

Well, it did not take long when I was ushered into see the doctor who after examination and advice, prescribed medication. We returned home and had a good rest.

I have faith in God and our medical doctors. This morning I was able to go up to the pulpit to preach the word. No walking stick was needed. Faith in God and our doctors plus prayer support from friends and loved ones bring miracles. God is a God of healing.

Psalm 103:1-3 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,  who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases

At even, ere the sun was set,
the sick, O Lord around thee lay;
O in what divers pains they met!
O with what joy they went away!

Once more 'tis eventide, and we
oppressed with various ills draw near;
what if thy form we cannot see?
we know and feel that thou art here.

Thy touch has still its ancient power;
no word from thee can fruitless fall:
hear, in this solemn evening hour,
and in thy mercy heal us all.  (Henry Twells)

No comments:

Post a Comment