Friday, April 11, 2014

Alone He prayed

Solitude and loneliness are not the same. All of us need moments of solitude. "The world is too much with us" says Wordsworth the poet. I find it necessary to have those times of solitude when I retreat into a world of mine own and spend time with alone with My Lord.

Jesus took three of His disciples - Peter, James and John into the garden up to a certain point. Then He said to them, "Sit here while I go farther to pray alone."

There are certain issues we cannot share with others. The greatest crises and decisions need to be faced alone.

Jesus must go to the Cross alone.

"Lord in this quiet hour, I bare my heart to you. Speak Lord for Your servant is listening."

"To be there before You, Lord, that's all.
To shut the eyes of my body,
To shut the eyes of my soul,
And to be still and silent,
To expose myself to You Who are there, exposed to me.
To be there before you, the Eternal presence.   Michel Quoist



No comments:

Post a Comment