Tuesday, August 6, 2013

National Day celebration at the Embassy

I am in the midst of writing my series on the Philippines. Soon I shall be posting a chapter on the eruption of Mount Pinatubo.

With our National Day coming, my mind goes back to 1990 our first year in the Philippines. We were invited by the Singapore Ambassador Edward Lee to the Singapore Embassy for National Day Dinner. My wife and I were in our full Salvation Army uniform mingling with the Singaporeans and other invited guests. What a privilege!

We are called by God to serve. In the course of duty, we reach out, and as the song writer says, "to the rich and poor as well, it does not matter who."

Sixty years as Salvation Army officers, including 16 years as retired officers have brought us much blessings. We retired as active officers, but that does not stop us from being active in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment