Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Promotion to Glory - Emily Chen

Last week we were shocked to learn of the sudden promotion to Glory of one of our Salvationists of Kuala Lumpur. Emily was only 34 years old. She attended the Sunday morning service with her husband and two small children on Sunday 17th February. She went to be with the Lord the next day leaving behind her husband Roland and two young children – Celene 10 and Ryan two years old. The funeral was held on 20th February

How important it is that we should live in a state of preparedness for we never know when the summons will come. It may be today, it may be in the near or far future. God alone knows the day and the hour. It is not for me to decide the day of my home going, for I know God knows best and when the time comes, I know for certain He will be here to take me Home.

When God’s people leave this world they go to a place where our Lord Jesus has gone to prepare for them. There is a complete change of environment. On earth we are all burdened with the old sinful nature which causes us sorrow and sadness. In Heaven the atmosphere is different. What it is like I don’t know and nobody knows, but it will be the perfect place.

I’ve been pondering on the statement made by Job “I know that my Redeemer lives” (Job 19:25) Note he used the word “my” Redeemer. He had a personal relationship with His Lord. It is a statement of his personal conviction, not hearsay or speculation.

Many years later, the apostle Paul made an important statement “For we know that when this earthly tent we live is taken down – when we die and leave these bodies – we will have a home in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God Himself and not by human hands” (2 Corinthians 5: 1, NLT)

Your garments must be white as snow,
Prepare to meet your God;
For to his throne you'll have to go;
Prepare to meet your God.
Chorus
Prepare me, prepare me, Lord,
Prepare me to stand before thy throne.
Prepare me now, prepare me here,
To stand before thy throne,
That I, without a doubt or fear,
May stand before thy throne.
Lord, cleanse my heart and make me pure,
To stand before thy throne;
My pride and self and temper cure,
To stand before thy throne.  (Anon)  SA Song Book 913)

No comments:

Post a Comment