Saturday, November 24, 2012

Remember your Creator

I thank God for the gift of memory. Writing my memoirs involve a lot of research through old papers, letters, programmes etc but most of all on my memory. As age catches up with me, I sense my power of recall is getting weaker. Still I should not complain when I see people half my age don't seem to remember much.

Remembering the past teaches us countless lessons about how to live today. I have been teaching the Book of Judges and notice one thing that stands out in the book. The Israelites forgot!! They did not remember or chose not to remember the miraculous events that brought them to the land of Canaan, or the covenant that united them to God. But God did not forget His covenant and because of His love for His people, He disciplined His sinful children so that they might return to Him.

"Forget not His benefits." "Remember your Creator" these and many other verses of Scripture call upon us not to forget God. I learned a new word today from a report in the Straits Times. The leader in Hong Kong used an interesting word which I've not heard before. He said, "I mis-remember that I had up illegal structures."

Some of us don't forget, we just mis-remember!! So readers, let's 'mis-forget' and remember God. We must not forget the great work God has done in our hearts and the things He has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment