Friday, November 16, 2012

Fellowship meeting and thanksgiving lunch

Eleven of us met this morning for our cell meeting. We spent much time discussing  the subject of "Death and Resurrection.' We then adjourned to Food Haven at Dover Road  for our Thanksgiving lunch. It was a great time of fellowship. We have two more weeks and not meet till the new Year 2013.

Fellowship in the family of God and with God Himself is one of the greatest blessings of being a followers of Christ.  Fellowship suggests something of purpose, partnership and interest. We mutually help and strengthen each other as we share fellowship week after week. Christian fellowship is more than just friendship with like-minded people, we meet to help and build each other up in the Christian faith.

Jesus prayed “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.: John 17: 20- 23

No comments:

Post a Comment