Monday, October 18, 2010

Typhoon Megi hit Philippines

Singaporeans don't quite experience the terror of the wind. Having lived in Hong Kong and the Philippines we know how strong winds can wreak havoc. We experienced typhoons many times. The first time was in Hong Kong in 1983 when Typhoon Ellen caused much destruction in Hong Kong. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the trees in the compound break like matchsticks. We were marooned in our house; When the winds subsided, I went to clear the rubble and fell, broke my arm and landed in Hospital for the first time in my life. The hospital so full, I had to sleep on a camp bed.

This morning as I write, the typhoon Megi has hit Philippines.I pray for my many friends in that archipelago. Many still keep contact with us. They are dear to our hearts.

I am sure Salvation Army relief teams are out to help people affected by the disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment