Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sing unto the Lord.

Today we were at Peacehaven to do chapel services on Level 3. At Skylark, one of the ladies in her late eighties requested me to play her two hymns on the concertina. She is a Methodist so I played and sang, "Praise my soul the King of Heaven" "Blessed assurance" and "What a friend we have in Jesus." She joined in the singing and tears rolled down cheeks. She was so touched and made a request before we left her, "Please sing me two hymns every time you come. When will you come again?" I wish I could be there to sing to her everyday!

What a privilege to sing, pray and tell the people the wonderful news of the gospel.

After lunch we went by bus to Jalan Lengkok Mariam to see Mrs. Foo Kia Pang. She will be 92 tomorrow. We wanted to visit her to wish her Happy Birthday. Usually she is on her own, but today, the house was full. Joseph, his wife and three children from Australia, Marjory her daughter also from Australia and John from England were all there. So we gathered round Mrs. Foo and had a good sing of the old hymns. Mrs. Foo sang us a solo in Hokkien. My word, she sang well. I wish I had a tape recorder to record her singing. Her singing blessed us all. What a joy to have the family there to share devotions.

Thank God He has given us the privilege to minister to these people. Every time we minister to others, we feel we are being ministered to and blessed.

"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5: 19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment