Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Cross of Christ

Simon of Cyrene was compelled to carry the cross of Jesus. One of the thieves crucified with Jesus was convicted by Jesus dying on the cross. Albert Orsborn wrote a beautiful song:

Many thoughts stir my heart as I ponder alone;
Many places attract me with charms all their own;
But the thought of all thoughts is of Christ crucified,
The place of all places, the hill where He died.

O the charm of the cross! How I love to be there!
With the love that shines from it, what love can compare?
The seal of my ransom in Calvary I see,
All my sin, O my Saviour, laid upon Thee


'Tis the end of my sin and the source of all grace;
'Tis the word of God's love to a prodigal race;
'Tis the greatest, the grandest gift God could impart,
Surpassing my reason but winning my heart.

For the sake of the Christ and the love of His cross
I have yielded my all and not reckoned it loss;
There's a place in my heart which the Saviour must fill;
No other can take it, and none ever will.

What beautiful words! They really touch my heart. Hope it does yours

No comments:

Post a Comment