Sunday, March 28, 2010

Changi Corps Retreat for local officers

I was privileged to be invited by Lieut. Colonel Prema Rajan to speak at the above retreat held at the Training College at Praisehaven. What a great time of fellowship. My wife and I were truly blessed.

The retreat began on Friday evening when Major Pascoe (CO of William Booth Corps) gave the keynote address.

On Saturday, I gave four talks on the theme "DARE TO BE DIFFERENT" based on the life of Joseph and ended with the final message emphasising on "The secrets of fruitfulness in the life of Joseph" (Gen. 49:22)

The title is taken from Commissioner Harry Read's song: "I dare to be different." Commissioner Dick Krommenhoek wrote the music to this lovely song.

I dare to live a life of faith,
The life of challenge God has planned,
Of holiness and victory,
For truth and righteousness to stand'

Chorus:
I dare to be different, I dare to believe;
I dare to be different, God's Spirit receive;
I dare to be different my life sacrifice.
I dare to be different by living like Christ.

I dare to ask the Spirit come
To match with all my heart's desire;
My life to cleanse and energize
With mighty Pentecostal fire.

I dare to want to be like Christ
According to His will and way.
His love to know, compassion show
And serve Him only every day.

In this world of changing values, I pray that our our people continue to uphold the values of God's Kingdom. Dare we to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment