Monday, July 20, 2009

Promotion to Glory of Betty Ho

We attended the funeral service for Betty Ho at the Crematorium this morning.We first came to know Betty when we were appointed to Central Corps (church)in 1970. Betty and Joseph were then courting and both attended the Sunday evening salvation meeting very regularly.

When we returned to Singapore to retire twelve years ago contact with them was re-established. They were a happily married couple. Betty had cancer in recent years and went through much pain and suffering. The Lord took her home last Thursday and this morning was the funeral.

We thank God for the privilege to join our many friends in the ministry of comfort.
Certainly those who bereaved need this ministry. The ministry of comfort is important and needed for the grieving family. All of us can minister comfort by our physical presence. It is wonderful to know that God is with us as we go through the valley of sorrow; it is also important to have our brothers and sisters in Christ standing with us.

Last Saturday I was invited to share the word at the wake in the evening. I based my message on Paul's last words to Timothy - 2 Timothy 4: 6-8 Paul's confidence in the face of death does not happen by accident. Paul looks death in the face and says "I am ready" "I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing."

I was glad to be asked to give the message. It's indeed a privilege to preach the word to the many people - Christians and non Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment