Friday, November 20, 2015

Priority - what does it mean?

After selecting the items I needed at the supermarket, I made my way to the section with the sign "Priority for Senior Citizens." I dutifully lined up, but to my surprise, it was a long queue of people including those in their thirties and forties. The cashier took no notice of the sign and served everyone in the queue. I had to wait a long time for my turn.

Maybe the cashier was unaware of the sign, or the shoppers were all illiterate. Why put up the special queue when the rule for Senior Citizens is not adhered to?

Yesterday, I decided to avoid the Priority for Seniors queue. There was only one person ahead of me, and I got through paying very quickly. Now I know, avoid the Priority Queue, or be patient and wait.

All of us need to learn the lesson of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment