Monday, January 5, 2015

A day with God alone

I was not able to attend our own meeting at Changi Corps on Sunday because of my bad cough. So I spent quiet time at home and watched the video produced by Pastor Joseph Prince of New Creation Church. He gave a very interesting sermon on  "GOD'S PROTECTION PLAN against The four horses of the Apocalypse" based on Revelation chapter 6.

I did a series of Bible studies at the William Booth Corps on Revelation and it took me 18 months to complete it. Revelation is not an easy book to understand. Many Christians avoid its study. Dr William Barclay writes, "Revelation is notoriously the most difficult book in the New Testament....Revelation has sometimes been abandoned as quite unintelligible, and sometimes has become the playground of religious eccentrics, who use it to map out celestial time tables of what is to come or who find in it evidence for their own eccentricities" He then concludes, "We shall no doubt find this book difficult and bewildering; but equally doubtless we shall find it worthwhile to wrestle with it until it give us its blessing, and open its riches to us."

The sermon gave me much food for thought and I have been pondering over the message. The quiet time alone with God proved beneficial, although I missed the fellowship of the church folk on this first Sunday of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment