Saturday, November 29, 2014

Officers' Retreat -17-20 November

On my wife's birthday, Monday 17th November, Major Ruth Pascoe, Aux. Captains Raymond and Cathy Aloba and my wife and I travelled together to Johor to attend the Annual Officers' Retreat at Pulau Springs Resort. The speakers were Colonels Andy and Yvonne Westrup, Territorial Leaders of Papua New Guinea. They are New Zealanders on their way from IHQ to PNG.

The theme was "The Significant Life" - messages based on the life of Daniel. We had very good sessions.

We had the Welcome meeting on the first evening after dinner. It was a very interesting meeting. On the way back to the Hotel Room, I slipped and fell and injured myself and had to be taken by ambulance to the Hospital. There I was attended to by the doctors and even had stitches on my upper lip. Four men officers - Lieut. Tan Thean Seng, Major Lee Kong Yee, Major Tan Guat Hai and Lieutenant Andrew Lo followed in the van behind the ambulance and kept me company. We did not finish till about 2.00 a.m Tuesday morning. My wife was advised not to go with me as she has back problems and Major Pascoe and Major Pat Tan accompanied her back to her room and made sure she was all right. We thank God for such supportive friends who truly care for us.

I did not go to bed till 3.00 a.m. Anyway I did not want to miss any meeting, so was up early to join our comrades for the rest of the session even if it meant depending on the support of my wife and friends, plus my walking stick! The grace of God saw me through.

We returned on Thursday and Major drove us straight to see the doctor in Singapore who examined me and gave me medicine. I am recovering, thanks be to God who watches over all of us.

Life goes on as usual and we are busy packing to move to Changi in mid December. God is great, is good and gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment