Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hurting others.

The majority of people to a certain extent, like to be in control. Good to have the ability to take charge, to be in command of our situation and the ability to organize and plan. These are leadership qualities worthy of acquiring and strengthening.

Strength in leadership can also be a weakness if not properly managed affecting family relationships. The closest people are the ones to get hurt first. It also affects our business, social and church relationships.

The child or youth in the family is afraid to speak up, refuses to speak for fear of being reprimanded in the presence of others. The elderly more often slower to express themselves keep silent for fear of being embarrassed. They sit around the family table feeling tense and uncomfortable and endure in silence waiting for the lunch or dinner fellowship to be over.

Control addicts usually are people who are themselves insecure inside them despite the aggressive front they put on. This may have been caused by some hurt in the past that has not been dealt with. We all need to seek the Lord and ask Him to search our hearts and help us to see ourselves.

If we find we have wounded anyone today, it is time to search our hearts and pray this prayer.

If I have wounded any soul today,
If I have caused one foot to go astray,
If I have walked in my own willful way,
Dear Lord, forgive!

If I have uttered idle words or vain,
If I have turned aside from want or pain,
Lest I myself shall suffer through the strain,
Dear Lord, forgive!

If I have been perverse or hard, or cold,
If I have longed for shelter in Thy fold,
When Thou hast given me some fort to hold,
Dear Lord, forgive!

Forgive the sins I have confessed to Thee;
Forgive the secret sins I do not see;
O guide me, love me and my keeper be,
Dear Lord, Amen.  (C Maude Battersby)








 

No comments:

Post a Comment