Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Private tuition

Should there be private tuition for the children? Korea banned private tuition at one time, but the courts declared that the ban was unconsitutional, so they are back to private tuition. Some western countries like Finland do not have private tuition, yet they have the best education system.

During my school days more than half a century ago, there was private tuition. No, my parents did not send me to have private tuition. It never dawned on them to do so.

However, I gave private tuition during my secondary school days to earn some money for my fees, books and bus fares. So I was glad there was private tuition, otherwise I would have to stop my studies after completing primary school. No PSLE in those days, but there were other ways to guage our progress in studies.

Private tuition? My answer is Yes and No. It all depends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment