Friday, January 4, 2013

The Priority of Prayer

A group of us met at Territorial Hqrs. Chapel for prayers  yesterday and we had a profitable time. We were pleased to have two Malaysian officers who were here for Board meetings - Major Lee Kong Yee from Kuala Lumpur and Captain Tan Guat Hai from Penang join us in our prayer meeting. I am always encouraged when friends take time to participate in corporate prayer. When we pray together we strengthen the bond among us and our relationship with God.

I must confess I feel quite discouraged by my colleagues who live on the building, but don't bother to join us in prayer. They may have their reasons or excuses. Think of what they miss each week - God's special blessings. And I don't know how they can stand up to preach about the importance of prayer.

It is good to have the discipline of regular personal and corporate prayer times.




No comments:

Post a Comment