Sunday, December 4, 2011

Second Sunday Advent.

I preached twice today. At 9.00 a.m my wife and I went to Eratchippu (Tamil) Corps. First we had Prayer meeting where five of us took part. Then slowly others streamed in. the meeting was all done in Tamil. I only gave the message which was interpreted by Corps Sergeant Major Hemma. The meeting lasted one and half hours.

I rushed home, upstairs on the fourth floor to have a cup of coffee (in case I fall asleep during the meeting) and went to the William Booth Corps for the next meeting. My wife led the meeting and I spoke on the need for spiritual preparation - message based on the prophecy of Isaiah 40. This is the second Sunday in Advent.

We had a good congregation of about 200 people. Among them was Colonel Mrs. Alice Lau from Hong Kong. She has come to spend Christmas and Chinese New Year with her son Michael and daughter-in-law, Gina. Good to see her again. We've been good friends for many years.

After lunch, we added the prayer meeting. We give thanks to God for health and strength to continue serving Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment