Sunday, March 27, 2011

Follow the Leader

We were privileged to have the Chief Secretary Lieut. Colonels Bob Lee and his wife Wendy Lee to conduct the meeting this morning. It was our usual monthly family worship - combined worship with the youth and children.

In keeping with the Lenten season, he had for his theme of 'following Jesus.' His message was based on Mark 8: 31-38.

It was a lively meeting enjoyed by the whole congregation. Last week, we introduced an old song Number 483, "Follow, follow I will follow Jesus." Today, the Colonel chose this same song.

Down in the valley with my Saviour I will go,
Where the flowers are blooming and the sweet waters flow;
Everywhere He leads me I will follow, follow on,
Walking in His footsteps till the crown be won.

Refrain
Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
Anywhere, everywhere, I will follow on!
Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
Everywhere He leads me I will follow on!

Down in the valley with my Saviour I will go,
Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow;
With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear,
Danger cannot fright me if my Lord is near.

Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep,
Close beside my Saviour will my soul ever keep;
He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod,
Up to where they gather on the hills of God. (William Orcutt Cushing)

No comments:

Post a Comment