Monday, January 10, 2011

Meeting at William Booth Corps

During the week, our Corps Officer (pastor) was not well. She made a request for us to conduct the meeting for her on Sunday. Of course, we gladly accepted the responsibility. We are always ready to do anything for our own church and the Kingdom of God.

So very hurriedly I set about to prepare my sermon. I was led to speak about "Divine Guidance" using the experiences of Joseph as recorded in Matthew 2: 13-23. At each step of the way, the Lord appeared to Joseph to give him guidance - first to take Mary as his wife, to provide for her and help her in looking after the Baby Jesus, to take the family into Egypt for safety and eventually to return to Nazareth after the death of Herod.

Yes, the Lord guides us. We need to ensure our wills are in sync with His will. Divine guidance is always assured. Scripture is replete with assurances of Divine guidance. "The Lord will guide you always" Isaiah 58:11. "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord." Psalm 37: 23
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 6

Thank God His will is discernible. He guides us one step at a time. Someone put it "not only the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, the stops of a good man are also ordered by Him."

We sang some old favourites -"Guide me O Thou great Jehovah" , "Precious Promise God has given, I will guide thee with My eye," "Hold Thou my hand, so weak I am and helpless" and "He leadeth me, O blessed thought."

It was wonderful to see seekers at the Mercy Seat. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment