Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Facebook and blogging

Many times friends have tried to get me to join Facebook, but I always declined. Last Thursday evening I attended the Men's Fellowship and someone twisted my arm into joining Facebook and I yielded. Well I had my first lesson last Sunday from Vincent Wong.

Today our Yurong and our grandson David came as usual on a Tuesday to take us shopping. Then they helped to bring the groceries home. They stayed on and gave me a second lesson on Facebook and even put in a picture in for me!

Some time back they, Yurong and David were the ones who persuaded me to set up a blog. I declined at first, but agreed in the end and I must confess, I do enjoy blogging.

We never stop learning do we? When my wife and I retired in 1997,yes, 13 years ago, we thought we would bid good bye to computers, e-mail etc. and enjoy a quiet peaceful life. Well things have not worked out that way. We are as busy as ever, the only difference we can choose to do the things we like doing.

Getting older each day, but still learning.

"It is not how old are you, but how you are old."

"The old believe everything, the middle age suspect everything, the young know everything" Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment