Friday, May 8, 2020

Where has the time gone?


Today is 8th May 2020. My eldest daughter's birthday. She is now a grandmother with  two grandsons and the third is on the way.

Covid 19 has affected many people in Singapore. We are told to remain indoors. Our family all live on the western side of the island, so we don't see them.

And my son has one grandson to carry on the surname Lim. In two years time, God willing, I shall reach the ripe old age of 88.

Come to think of it, none in our family have lived past 80. I often think of the saying, "The good die young"  What have I done and not done?

I have slowed down quite a bit, so now I shall stop, have my drink and come back perhaps another day to continue writing.  In this busy age, I wonder how many people read blogs let alone write them.




2 comments:

  1. God bless you Sir and thank you for your many years of servics to the Lord. While i have not read all your blogs, just a couple of posts only, i already get a gist that you have lived a fruitful and faithful life so i am writing to thank you for penning down your memories in your blog.

    By the way, how i came across your blog was i was checking on Mr Foo Kia Pang. I was a resident at perak house from about 1970-1972 (as a 6 year old boy) and some memories are still vivid from that period. I recall a gentleman that supervised the home but i dont know his name and based on my research so far, he could be Mr Foo. In 1972 i left the home after a social welfare officer (uncle ah lak) recommended my adoptive dad to adopt me and i have since been blessed with a Christian home, education etc. and came to the Lord. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you fro writing Comm Lim. God bless you as you pen your thoughts and share life through blog. Blessings

    ReplyDelete