Saturday, June 10, 2017

Make me a blessing


At my age there is the tendency to be nostalgic. O I miss the old songs.  I find myself singing this beautiful song. It is my prayer for myself and my friends.
Proverbs 11:11 – “By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.”

Out in the high-ways and by-ways of life,
Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,

Making the sorrowing glad.

CHORUS:
Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing --
Out of my life May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.

 Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love,
Tell of His power to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove

True, every moment you live.

 Give as 'twas given to you in your need,
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
Unto your mission be true.  Ira B Wilson

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment