Monday, May 23, 2016

May 20th 2016 - A day to remember

My wife had not been well for a week and on 20th May she was in such a state of pain that Madam Low Mui Lang had to take her to the A & E Changi General Hospital nearby.

I could not accompany her as I had an appointment at the same hospital on the same day to have surgery on my thumb. It is healing well and I know it is not "just sticking out like a sore thumb." It is a sore thumb with stitches yet to be removed. Everyday our nurses at Peacehaven visit me to dress it. God bless our nurses.

What a coincidence for both of us to have surgery on the same day. Mine was done in the afternoon at about 1.00 p.m. One of the Peacehaven nurses Melsi who was off duty volunteered to accompany me. She patiently spent the whole day supporting me and seeing to my needs.

My wife had her surgery on that day for appendicitis and is still in hospital on the road to recovery. We think she will be discharged soon.

God has been good. In life we have our pains and gains that we must learn to accept. We are assured, we are His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment