Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The dream of our General

Let's share the dream of our General  - Andre Cox

I dream of a committed, effective and joyful Army, rooted and confident in the word of God and on its knees.
I dream of an Army that truly reflects the mind of Jesus in our commitment to the poor and the marginalised.
I dream of an Army that practices what it preaches from the top leadership down, an Army that is a visible and living example of Kingdom values.
I dream of an Army that values its youth where our young people feel that they have a voice.
I dream of an Army with strong relevant and streamlined administrative structures and a much more effective use of our financial and material resources.
I dream of an Army where all cultures are equally accepted and celebrated through the spiritual ties that bind us all together.
I dream of an Army that shuns the dependency culture.

We say Amen to that statement. May it be the dream of every Salvationist and anyone connected with The Salvation Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment