Monday, February 2, 2015

Daily strength for daily needs

Every morning when I wake up, I give thanks to God for yet another day. "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118: 24  
As we age we meet new challenges, but I thank God for His precious promises and there is one verse I love to quote.  "As thy days shall so shall thy strength be" Deut. 33: 24.

I love that beautiful hymn which reminds us of God' daily provision for all our needs.

Day by day the manna fell;
O to learn  this lesson well!
Still by constant mercy fed,
Give me, Lord my daily bread.

Day by day, the promise reads;
Daily strength for daily needs:
Cast foreboding fears away;
Take the manna for today.

O, to live exempt from care
By the energy of prayer
Strong in faith, with mind subdued,
Yet elate with gratitude. Josiah Conder

Sadly, we don't seem to sing these beautiful hymns any more. Our younger pastors don't know these hymns. So I sing them myself at home. Tucked in one corner of our living/dining room, I place my keyboard, my piano accordion, and concertina and I am able to go through the old hymns that bring such a lot of blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment