Monday, October 6, 2014

Servants together. Spiritual Leadership Conference 2014

This conference is being held during the weekend 4th to 6th October 2014. Eighty Delegates came from all over the territory to participate in this conference organised by Major Ruth Pascoe. Today is the last day and many delegates will be leaving after lunch at 12.30 p.m.

The delegates from Myanmar and Sabah will be staying on a little longer and leave during the week.

On Sunday we were invited to join them for Prayer Breakfast and I was asked to pray the Prayer of blessing just before the benediction.

The emphasis is on being "Servants Together." Yes we need to emphasise the importance of emulating the example of our Lord who left the precincts of Glory to come down to us to take on human flesh and blood and eventually died the cross for our sakes. May the Lord grant us this attitude of Christ.

Make me a servant like you, Dear Lord,
Living for others each day
Humble and meek,
Helping the weak,
Loving in all that I say.

Give me Lord, a servant's heart
Here's my life, take ev'ry part.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.
Help me draw so close to You
That Your love comes shining through
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart,
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.

Make me a witness like You, Dear Lord,
Showing the love of the cross,
Sharing Your Word till all have heard,
Serving whatever the cost.

Give me Lord, a servant's heart
Here's my life, take ev'ry part.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.
Help me draw so close to You
That Your love comes shining through
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart,
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.  (Ron Hamilton)

No comments:

Post a Comment