Thursday, September 19, 2013

Joy Strings - 50th anniversary.

In 1963, General Frederick Coutts in his first press conference after his election as the International Leader of The Salvation Army said, "It would be possible to take the gospel message to coffee bars with electric guitars if this prove to be effective method!"

So the Joy Strings was formed that year. Fifty years have gone and today many churches including The Salvation Army have their so called Worship Teams where guitars are used. Here is one of the songs written by Joy Webb. We used to sing that in our meetings.

"It's an open secret that Jesus is mine
It's an open secret this gladness divine.
It's an open secret I want you to know,
It's an open secret, I love my Saviour so!
And you can seek Him, find Him, share this secret too
Know His loving kindness in everything you do.
It's an open secret I want you to know,
It's an open secret I love my Saviour so. (Joy Webb)

I have not sung this song for a long time. I would love to hear this sung in our meetings. Worship team leaders take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment