Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A gracious society

This afternoon, I went to Beauty World Plaza at the 7th mile Bukit Timah to visit my Indian barber to get my hair cut. I don't want to look like Samson next week when we meet the General Linda Bond.

In my conversation with the boss, I mentioned the convenience of visiting his shop and that I would continue coming till the day when I would not be able make my way there. He gave me smile and said, "When that time comes, just let me know and I will come to cut you hair in your own home." What a nice thought there are so many caring people.

Everyday we meet caring people. On my way home, it was raining cats and dogs with lightning and thunder! When I got into the bus a young girl quickly signalled to me and then gave me her seat. Nowadays my wife and I do not have to stand in the crowded bus. There are always people, who will give us their seats. There are advantages being elderly. Thank God for caring people.

No comments:

Post a Comment